Skip to main content

Glitchy eyes

An outsider might think:
Why are you here?

Rich lady from Pakistan
Tanzanian lawyer
Kangaroo shooting Lebanese-Aussie
Bacon making police family from Serbia
Depressed feeling Turkish-Dutch sisters
Omanite navy officer

Me

At an appartment
With oversized white couches
And golden framed paintings

Sultans
Atäturk
And
Certificates

Yes, we are in Istanbul, Turkey
City of attacks and a failed coupe d'etat

Mosques
The Bosphorus
Palaces
Ottoman past wealth, hüzün

But these happenings, sites, historical events and emotions
Are unimportant
For In town works a famous man
That hardly anybody knows
Except for those with glitchy eyes



Retinitis Pigmentosa,
Stargardt
Macula degeneration
And more

If you know these diseases
You might know
Or you should know
The clinic that is housed in the white appartment

Glitches that aren't, considered, curable anywhere in the world
Are fought here
With needles, acupuncture
And electricity

This being conducted
By a sympathetic looking
Evelish and gentle doctor

He gives us hope
He fights for our eyes
Where the world doesn't re-act

Sometimes miracles do happen
Sometimes
Not

Regardless where you are from
This is a unified place of hope
A magical unknown tiny spot in the world

For the
Omanite officer, the Pakistani son
The Tanzanian lawyer, the Serbian kids
The Aussie his son,
The Dutch-Turkish sisters

And my Son!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aesthetic death of my town

One hour before curfew It is the year 2021 A late January evening I am supboarding on the flat waters Of the medieval canals And see my city  In all its beauty  Enough people walk by But never more than two persons  And I am floating In these bridge galaxies (hard to explain 😆 )  While I am doing this  Noises are dimmed  Curfew time is approaching  All the lights in the houses are lit Everyone is home To the satisfactory of my curiosity And I sense something different And it is beautiful  And sad For When I am paddling back To my home I experience  That my town Is dying In  All Its Beauty

Mijlpalen

Mijlpalen Meer mijlpalen Mooie momenten Mooie monumentale mijlpalen Het worden er steeds meer En dat is goed Dat is leven Vooruitgaan Mijlpalen worden gedragen door de levenden Die nemen deze mee in hun herinneringen En de niet levenden Voor wie mijlpalen van belang zouden (moeten) zijn Hun herinneringstas is leeg Heel leeg  En wordt steeds leger Totdat Er Geen Verbinding Meer Is

Hold on (nothing's the same)

I had to enter the supermarket, alone And was happy No more scores of people, pushing  Quietness, … at the cash desks Then After a short while It felt kind of spooky Me, in this surrealistic surrounding Sligro Tuesday afternoon March 24 2020 I have this love hate relation with people 1.5 meters distance to another human being No problem, what a relief Sooner than I could imagine I started to miss these folks by the minute Also I had to concentrate on the shopping “Cheese, eggs, fresh vegetables…” “Hey, they play some really good songs” I danced a bit “I will pass you via this side” And the supermarket employer involved in this scene said  “Thanks” “Thank you”, I replied My thoughts on humankind Which dropped  Dramatically the last weeks Changed a bit, positively upwards In a relax mood I continued “Oh yes, almonds, raisins, taco chips…” “Wow, is it true?” “Do I hear the opening chords of this song?” Yes, y