Skip to main content

Inexact Encounters

A while ago
(10 days that is
about the only exact recall of this occasion)
I positioned my self
In this industrial, post-apocalyptic
Urban like
Tiny free state
Somewhere in this world

And made contact with
Absolutely normal and bizarre humans
And actually conversed with them
With quiet a few of ‘m
And got lost into these interactions
To the point
That I had absolutely not a clue
What it was I intended to point out
And they replied
They didn’t understand me anyway
In short
The best communication one can have

It got dark
And this planet changed
But its inhabitants didn’t
For a while

With my tribe I migrated from one corner of this world
To the other
From the Mountains of the Tall
To the Valley of the Small Females
On these journeys
Plenty of Fellow Wanderers
The Statue People
Which were guides in the chaos
To point out where I was
And the Lost Ones
Desperately, eagerly sharing
Intimate life stories

And we stayed in some regions
For a while
And became friendly with the neighbours

At an uncertain moment in time
I wasn’t sure about my surrounding
Was only aware of the circus tent shaped dark universe above me
And some individuals behind me

I still don’t know why
I didn’t look myself
But
I sought confirmation
With one of my companions
Whether three tiny females were fanatically moving up and around, behind me,
Or not
Instead of checking the lower grounds behind me
My friend gazed towards the sky
Clearly a sign I had to repeat my world important question
Again she looked up to the stars
Which was the moment I decided to look over my shoulder myself
Not down but up

My world vision
Religion
Ideology
My being
Changed
When I saw this huge creature
Not from the mountain landscape
Glittery Red and feathery
Towering above me
Bend to an unnatural bowed position
Like a bird from another universe
And staring at me
With a preying expression
For the briefest moment of time
Towards me
It was like it was going to consume me


It all happened so fast
That
Not scared
In this sea of time
I blinked my eyes and it already passed by
Along with two other similar versions
Moving in angelic, confused, inimitable, chaotic and proud motion
I never saw them coming
Neither did I know where they were from
Or where they went to

My friend
Already adapted to the changed life
Just went on with her happy techno activities
Hardly paying attention to me

And then I remembered the never seen small ones
Which were not to be seen
Ever

Were they actually there?
I guess I happily have to live
With the fact
That I will never know
The exactness of any of these encounters




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aesthetic death of my town

One hour before curfew It is the year 2021 A late January evening I am supboarding on the flat waters Of the medieval canals And see my city  In all its beauty  Enough people walk by But never more than two persons  And I am floating In these bridge galaxies (hard to explain 😆 )  While I am doing this  Noises are dimmed  Curfew time is approaching  All the lights in the houses are lit Everyone is home To the satisfactory of my curiosity And I sense something different And it is beautiful  And sad For When I am paddling back To my home I experience  That my town Is dying In  All Its Beauty

Mijlpalen

Mijlpalen Meer mijlpalen Mooie momenten Mooie monumentale mijlpalen Het worden er steeds meer En dat is goed Dat is leven Vooruitgaan Mijlpalen worden gedragen door de levenden Die nemen deze mee in hun herinneringen En de niet levenden Voor wie mijlpalen van belang zouden (moeten) zijn Hun herinneringstas is leeg Heel leeg  En wordt steeds leger Totdat Er Geen Verbinding Meer Is

Hold on (nothing's the same)

I had to enter the supermarket, alone And was happy No more scores of people, pushing  Quietness, … at the cash desks Then After a short while It felt kind of spooky Me, in this surrealistic surrounding Sligro Tuesday afternoon March 24 2020 I have this love hate relation with people 1.5 meters distance to another human being No problem, what a relief Sooner than I could imagine I started to miss these folks by the minute Also I had to concentrate on the shopping “Cheese, eggs, fresh vegetables…” “Hey, they play some really good songs” I danced a bit “I will pass you via this side” And the supermarket employer involved in this scene said  “Thanks” “Thank you”, I replied My thoughts on humankind Which dropped  Dramatically the last weeks Changed a bit, positively upwards In a relax mood I continued “Oh yes, almonds, raisins, taco chips…” “Wow, is it true?” “Do I hear the opening chords of this song?” Yes, y